So the debate of the white couch continues in our household. I desperately want a white couch to help bring my Scandinavian chic dream to life and the other half thinks it’s the most impractical idea he’s ever heard. These are our view points….
- We’re not the tidiest cleanest household
- We have a dog who likes to sit on the couch
- We want to start a family and white is not kid friendly
- You’re crazy
- I’ll walk around with a cloth and spray-and-wipe if I have to
- The dog doesn’t shed and he’s cleaner than most people
- The kids can have their own bean bags to sit on
- I want Scandinavian chic
And this is where our argument stood until I came across an article about slip cover couches. Apparently a white couch can be a practical answer to a busy family friendly household as long as it’s slip cover which means that you can remove the cover to wash easily. White is also a good option as you can bleach the material to remove stains which you can’t do with other colors. Since then I have also come across this wonderful website www.bemz.com which makes slip cover couches in an array of colors, textures and styles for Ikea couches including beautiful linens.
So I think I may be able to finally have my white couch but only time will tell who really won the argument!